- 1 Bag - Celentano or Italian Village Cheese Tortellini
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green Chile pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all- purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook onion, bell pepper, Chile pepper, garlic, and jalapeno in margarine until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, potatoes, cumin, salt, pepper, and red pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes, until potatoes are just tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour and vegetable oil. Pour into soup, increase heat to medium, and cook until thickened and bubbly. Stir in corn, half-and-half and tortellini and heat through. Serve