Tortellini Peach Salad
- 1 package Celentano or Italian Village, frozen cheese tortellini
- 5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1-1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- ¼ cup toasted pecans
- ½ cup California golden raisins
- 2 large fresh, ripe peaches
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients except the oils. Process on medium-high speed until smooth. Scrape down the sides as necessary.
- With the speed reduced to medium-low, add oils in a steady stream. Process until smooth and set aside.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Shake dry and place in mixing bowl.
- Toss with 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Mix in parsley, pecans, and raisins.
- Peel the peaches and cut into chunks slightly smaller than the tortellini. Add to the salad and toss with the dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap against the salad to help keep the peaches from browning.
- Refrigerate for a few hours. Remove from refrigerator about 20 minutes before serving.