Skillet French Onion Angus Meatball Bake
- 1 pkg. (26 oz.) Rosina Angus Beef Meatballs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups (¼-inch-thick) sliced onions (about 2 large)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, melt butter with olive oil over medium-low heat.
Add onions and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Stir in flour; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in broth, thyme, salt, and pepper; add in the meatballs and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to broil. Sprinkle cheese onto meatballs.
Broil 6 inches from heat until cheese is melted and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Garnish with thyme, if desired. Serve immediately.
*For a different flavor, substitute with Rosina Homestyle Meatballs