Four Cheese Ravioli with Asparagus, Mushrooms and a Lemon Cream Sauce
- 1 package (19 oz.) Celentano 4 Cheese Ravioli
- 1 cup fresh asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces (about 10 spears)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cremini or white button mushrooms, sliced thin (about 10 mushrooms)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup white wine (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the asparagus and cook for 4 minutes. Remove the asparagus, chill in cold water and set aside. Cook the ravioli according to the package directions. Drain and set aside in a covered bowl. In a skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, mushrooms and garlic and cook 5-7 minutes. Add the white wine (optional) and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes until the cream thickens. Add the lemon juice, cooked ravioli, asparagus and parsley to the sauce. Toss to coat evenly and season with salt and black pepper. Divide ravioli among bowls. Serve immediately.
Optional to add protein like chicken, shrimp or scallops.