Cheese Ravioli with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
Servings: 4 | Preparation: 15 Mins
- 1 package Celentano Large Round Cheese Ravioli
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup canned pure pumpkin
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, for topping (optional)
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cheese ravioli and cook as the label directs. Reserve ½ cup cooking water, and then drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and garlic cook, stirring, until slightly soft, about 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and nutmeg and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in the cream and bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat to medium low; simmer, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese and cook until thick, about 1 more minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cheese ravioli to the skillet and toss with the sauce, adding some of the reserve cooking water to loosen, if needed. Divide among plates and top with toasted pine nuts and walnuts and also grated parmesan cheese and parsley.