Meatball, Caramelized Onion and Gorgonzola Pizza
Servings: 12 | Preparation: 15 Mins
- 1 package (12 oz.) Rosina Italian Style Meatballs , thawed and cut in half
- 1 (10 oz) package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 pound Gorgonzola Cheese, Crumbled
- 1/8 cup butter
- 2 large Vidalia Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat. Sauté onions in butter until the onions are soft and dark brown, approximately 25 minutes. Stir in the sugar, and continue to cook for 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees
- Grease a pizza pan or cookie sheet, and press out the dough to desired thickness. Spread onions evenly over the dough, and top with the crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese and Italian Style meatballs.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is crisp and golden brown.