Creamy Polenta with Spicy Marinara and Tuscan-Style Veal Meatballs
Servings: 4 | Preparation: 60 Mins
- 1 - pkg. Rosina Artisan Tuscan-Style Veal Meatballs (½ oz)
- 1 - 16 oz. Jar Fra Diavolo Pasta Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 cup White Onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1½ cups Cornmeal Polenta
- ¼ cup Grated Romano Cheese
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Ricotta Cheese
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan with lid, heat the meatballs in the fra diavolo sauce over medium heat for 35-40 minutes* stirring occasionally.
- Using a second large saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat, add the onions and garlic and cook until translucent and soft for about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low to simmer.
- Stirring constantly with a whisk, slowly pour in the polenta continuing to whisk and cook for 5 minutes. Whisk in the ricotta, Romano and Parmesan cheeses and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- To plate, divide the polenta into bowls and spoon the meatballs and sauce over top. Serve immediately garnished with additional Parmesan or Romano cheese.
*Save time by microwaving meatballs according to package instructions and add to simmering sauce.