- 1 pkg. Rosina Artisan Tuscan-Style Veal Meatballs (2 oz)
- 4 Artisan Flatbread Crusts
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 cup Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Marinara Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Dry Italian Seasoning
- 10 oz. Fresh Mozzarella Logs, sliced ¼” thick
- 4 oz. Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 4 Tbsp. Fresh Basil, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350° and cook meatballs according to the package instructions*. When finished set aside for later use.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425° for cooking the flatbread.
- In a large sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium heat, add the red onion and garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes until transparent and fragrant.
- Prepare the flatbread on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Spoon ½ cup of marinara sauce evenly over each flatbread crust, then sprinkle evenly with dry Italian seasoning. Arrange 5-6 slices of mozzarella cheese on each flatbread.
- Slice the cooked meatballs into rounds and arrange evenly across each flatbread (2 whole meatballs per flatbread). Dividing evenly, spoon some of the red onion and garlic between each meatball.
- Place flatbreads into the oven for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and spoon 4 teaspoons of ricotta cheese across each flatbread, then place back into the oven for an additional 2 minutes to warm the ricotta.
- Pull the flatbread from the oven and top with fresh basil and let rest for 2 minutes. Cut and serve immediately.
*Save time by microwaving meatballs according to package instructions instead of baking