Pineapple Chorizo Meatball Breakfast Enchiladas
Servings: 4 | Preparation: 20 Mins
- 1 pkg. Rosina Artisan Pinapple Chorizo Meatballs
- 8 (6 inch) Soft, Flour Tortillas
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small White Onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 4 cups frozen Shredded Hash Browns
- 4 Eggs
- 1 (10oz. can) Green Enchilada Sauce
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 2¼ cups Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: sour cream, green onion or salsa
- Preheat oven to 350° and cook meatballs according to the package instructions*. When finished set aside for later use. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, cook olive oil, red bell pepper and onion for 5 minutes. Remove from the sauté pan and place into a separate bowl. Add the hash browns to the pan and cook according to the package directions. Combine the cooked hash browns with the red pepper and onion mixture, folding together gently.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs with salt and black pepper. In a nonstick sauté pan over medium heat, scramble the eggs and cook until almost firm
- To assemble the enchiladas: Fill each tortilla evenly with eggs, pepper, onion and hash brown mixture and ¼ cup cheese. Top each with 4 meatballs. Roll tightly and place seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Repeat until all 8 tortillas are rolled.
- In a small bowl, combine the enchilada sauce and heavy cream, whisking to combine. Pour over the enchiladas making sure to cover all of them. Cover enchiladas with the remaining cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the oven. After 20 minutes remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve divide among plates, serve with optional toppings sour cream, green onion or salsa.
*Save time by microwaving meatballs according to package instructions instead of baking