Tuscan-Style Veal Meatballs and Marsala Mushroom Sauce
Servings: 4 | Preparation: 30 Mins
- 1 pkg. Rosina Artisan Tuscan-Style Veal Meatballs (2 oz)
- 1 lb. Dry Fettuccine Pasta
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 – 10 oz. package Cremini Mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 Shallot, peeled and minced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Marsala Cooking Wine
- 2 cups Beef Stock
- ⅓ cup Heavy Cream
- 4 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° and cook meatballs according to the package instructions*. When finished set aside for later use.
- To make the sauce, set a large sauce pan over medium heat, add the butter, then the mushrooms and cook until they begin to brown stirring often, about 7 minutes. Stir in the shallots and garlic and continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir well. Add the marsala wine and bring to a boil, stir in the beef stock and heavy cream and return to a simmer.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce and return to a simmer. Season the sauce with salt and black pepper to taste. Hold mixture on low until pasta is ready.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the fettuccine according to the package instructions. Drain and return to the pasta pot.
- To serve, divide the pasta among bowls and top with meatball marsala sauce. Garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
*Save time by microwaving meatballs according to package instructions instead of baking